Fitness Kickboxing is a dynamic & exciting way to get fit, tone muscles and lose weight....all while learning the art of kickboxing.
Fitness Kickboxing - Level 1 is an 4 week program that blends athletic drills with martial arts to create an intense physical conditioning workout while teaching the proper methods of kicking and punching. Have fun, learn real fighting skills and burn as many as 600-800 calories in a one-hour class in what is truly a total body workout.
From the warm-up, hand wrapping, stance, footwork, boxing & kickboxing drills and combinations utilizing focus pads and partner training, abs routine and cool down stretches. This program is designed for the ultimate in authenticity and fitness ensuring a safe and efficient class.
Benefits to Participants:
- Burn up to 800 calories in an hour
- Lose weight
- Build lean muscle (lean muscle burns calories ALL the time…even when you sleep!)
- Get in shape fast (this is a TOTAL body training program)
- Achieve a more toned, athletic look
- Increase flexibilty
- Increased self-confidence & self-esteem
- Stress relief
What is a typical Fitness Kickboxing class format (45-60 min):
- Starts with a 5-7 minute light warm up that involves large muscle movements to increase blood flow and heat up the muscles.
- The main portion of the class involves the practice of punching combinations, kicks, elbow strikes, knee strikes and many other effective striking techniques. Each movement is usually repeated multiple times in 2-3 min rounds, often with partners rotating from striker to defender, and using striking pads or heavy bags, to ensure mastery.
- Jumping rope, jumping jacks and plyometric moves are often included between martial arts techniques to rev up the heart rate and offer cross-training.
- Class concludes with a 5-7 minute cool-down that involves static stretching of the hips, shoulders and core.
FITNESS KICKBOXING - LEVEL 1 $79+HST
MARCH 28TH - APRIL 18TH @ 7-8 pm
REGISTER TODAY. CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED